Friday, April 21, 2006

Men

Occasionally I cross paths with guys who just make me glad to be female and heterosexual. I love men in the way that sculptors love curves, and painters love blue distance. They are just endlessly fascinating, a theme I can't help returning to. I can understand, if I think about it, what makes women attractive, but admiring men comes so much more easily to me.

Today I was buying a book, and the cashier had smoldering dark eyes and Bambi lashes. He kept looking at me - we looked frankly into each other's eyes and held eye contact the whole time as we were waiting for the machine to process my credit card. Maybe he liked the look of me, too. Maybe he just always does that. I feel totally in love with my fiance, and giving up other men is something I can do easily, in exchange for a life with him. But it still makes me happy to live in a world full of these other interesting men, and to see my life ahead filled with random encounters with them.

No comments: