Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Being Soft, Reconsidered

I realized being soft isn't enough to save me from being yelled at. In fact, I think some people take advantage of it. If I want people to be nice to me, maybe I should inspire them with a bit of healthy fear by acting like a complete bitch.

Or, maybe I should just look for a new job. There are days when I really enjoy this one - opportunities to learn new stuff, in line with my interests, helping "save the world", a good group of people for the most part, etc. But there are other days when I'm bored to death doing menial tasks, and other days when people yell at me. More and more often, I find myself wondering why I put up with it.

Dang! Never fails - just as I get to the point in a job where I'm earning more than the minimum number of vacation days, it turns sour.

No comments: