Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Thumbs Up

It's my boy's birthday today! I'm glad I get to share it with him. I gave him a treasure hunt that, judging from perplexed emails throughout the day, has succeeded in at least somewhat stumping him. Now I need to race home because not all the clues are actually in place yet. :)

Last night on my way home from work I bought him some roses. I had stopped by the flower seller earlier in the afternoon and asked him how late he'd be there (he was selling flowers out of a van). He said till 7 and I said, "Wow, that's late. You work hard." He smiled at that. When I went back later, he sold me some roses for a suspiciously low price, then came running after me and gave me a half dozen more. As I was thanking him I mentioned that the flowers were for someone's birthday. He said, pointing at the half-dozen, "No, these are for you." People are so nice sometimes. I went home feeling all warm and glowy about it.

No comments: