Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Buffy and Dicey

Yesterday I watched the first two episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She looks so cute as a high school sophomore - with her round baby cheeks. Watching Buffy always makes me feel better because no matter how hard my life seems, hers is way harder, way more unfair, more dangerous, more scary - yet she approaches everything with confidence. It makes me glad that all I face are the slings and arrows of occasional social disapproval, which really doesn't matter. At the end of the day, I can go home and have a cup of hot chocolate and play with my guinea pigs. At the end of her day, she has to go hang out in the graveyard and fight vampires that are bigger and stronger than she is, and that just don't care she is only a kid.

I'm also reading Cynthia Voigt's awesome Tillerman series. Which also makes me feel better. My life is easier and a smoother ride in every way than Dicey's.

No comments: