Monday, January 30, 2006

Double True

Now that I have these foot problems, I can actually appreciate why some people have a foot fetish. I always took for granted that I could walk around without problems, and wear any shoes in my closet. But I can't walk the distances I want to any more, even in sensible shoes. Some days my foot bothers me more than others. Anyway, I notice other people's feet now, and I feel admiring of nice feet.

I somehow got onto a mailing list for a company that sells orthopedic stuff, and they send me a catalogue every month or so - page after page of a model with beautiful feet showing off the various products. The lines of her feet are so clean, not even a hint of a bunion, and her toes are lined up perfectly. Her arches are ideal. She obviously doesn't need the products, it's a joke for her to be trying on the bunion regulator with an expression of delight, or smiling in approval at the sight of her foot with its toe spacers. I'm so envious of her for having feet like that. I even noticed at a party over the weekend, when we were all sitting around on the floor in our socks, how straight the lines of everyone's feet were. Not a bunion in the room, except for mine.

I complain about this stuff too much. Who cares about my toe woes, when there is genius like "Lazy Sunday" in the world? Today, if you haven't yet experienced it, I invite you to partake. It will get in your head and you will want to watch it over and over, and to reenact it with loved ones. True dat, double true!

No comments: