Friday, June 26, 2009

Reasons to Love our New Place

1. Being able to park the car in our own driveway, right next to the house! It will be so great to just walk out the front door and there's the car, instead of having to cross a busy street and walk a block or two to get to our parking space. And unloading groceries, etc. will be so much easier.

2. My own office where I can set up my computer, printer, and files. When I want to scan something, I'll be able to just reach over and turn on the scanner. Currently my "office" is also the library, and contains two bookcases, a desk, a chair, and boxes of paperwork. And it's also Pigtopia where our guinea pig races around and nibbles on my toes as I work. And it's also the breakfast nook. And it's also about ten square feet in area.

3. Not seeing a roach or two scurry across the floor every time I turn on the light in the kitchen. (I hope.)

4. Bedrooms. One for our kidlet. One that is all for us. :)

5. Space for a dining room table, so we can invite guests over for dinner.

6. A gorgeous big yard backed by trees where I can grow vegetables, graze the pig, frolic with the kidlet, and hang my clothes on a ecofriendly clothesline to dry.

7. A deck where we can eat dinner on warm summer evenings. We'll sit out there watching the fireflies blink, feeling rich beyond measure.

No comments: