Monday, June 15, 2009

In Limbo

I'm waiting to hear back.

Yesterday, I interviewed for a new job. A big jump in pay and responsibilities. I have the background and skills to do it, and I think I did all right in the interview, but a lot of people were applying for this job, so I'm not sure what my chances are. Today, we made an offer on a house. Very exciting. Again, it's a super competitive situation; multiple other people submitted bids on the same house.

I'm trying to tell myself that it doesn't really matter, that if I don't get that job I can just keep doing the one I have, which I'm good at and (most of the time) enjoy. And if we don't get that house we'll find a different one. I feel like there is a truck-load of disappointment waiting for me, right around the corner, and I'm trying to mitigate it by telling myself that chances are, I will not get the job or the house. Statistically, the odds are against it.

I can't even say for sure that I would be happier in this new more lucrative job, or that we would be happier in this new house. But I think we would. Oh man, I hope it works out.

1 comment:

Meg said...

*fingers crossed*