Thursday, August 18, 2005

The Good Ship Self-Censor

I'm finding the blogger forum a little frustrating. There are things I want to say, but this isn't the best place to talk about everything that's on my mind. After all, nannies get busted for their blogs, secret agents get fired for describing their exploits online (hmm, maybe that never happened), and I bet countless relationships have hit blog-related snags. I'm not going to get fired from my job as a Supreme Court Justice for my blog, but the relationship snag is a possibility. Actually, if I were playing by the rules, I wouldn't even mention that I'm in a relationship. The ideal blogger is witty, self-aware, full of childlike enthusiasm for the little pleasures of life, quick to mock his/her own foibles, and above all single. Nothing kills interest in a blog sooner than coy mention of a significant other - the whole point is that this person you're reading about is lonely, attractive, and deliciously, potentially, available. So I've already effed it up. Although maybe I earned some points back for saying that the relationship is in trouble.

No comments yet since I started keeping this thing. Maybe I am just sitting in a white room talking to myself - "La la la la la!" - after all.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hey,

Thanks. It's good to know someone's out there. And thanks for the word verification tip, too.

Erin