Wednesday, August 17, 2005

A Field Day for Freud

It's been a busy few days, dream- and otherwise. Every night I fall asleep with my brain scrambling to make sense of the latest activity, trying to figure out whether it should work on improving the skills in question, stitch the image into a dream somewhere to show that it really was paying attention, or just toss the whole lot on the ?undecipherable pile. In the last week, I've had a lot of skill-dreams in which filling in crossword clues were an integral part of the action. (Whee!) Also a lot of image dreams related to the concert, canoeing, and karaoke. In the ?undecipherable category was a dream that a female friend of mine had a penis. I also dreamed that I gave birth to a scary, alien-like premature baby that was almost all head, with a tiny body. It weighed a little over 5 pounds. After it was born, I thought it was kind of gruesome, and didn't want it any more. I also dreamed about a foster mother who was sexually abusing her foster children. I laid out an escape plan for them and was going to become their legal guardian after I rescued them. Where the hell does this stuff come from? Fortunately, most of my dreams are wholesome.

No comments: