Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Handy Rhyme

Here's how to remember the difference:
Medicare is for people with no hair.
Medicaid is for people who don't get paid.

Or perhaps I'm the only one who gets those two mixed up.

In other news, I tried circus peanuts - the candy - for the first time in about 20 years today. I remember liking them as a kid, and I thought perhaps they would fall into the category of Things That You Know Are Bad For You But You're A Sucker For Them Anyway, like chicken nuggets and Reeses Pieces peanut butter cups. I'm happy to report that they are awful! I will have no trouble at all resisting them for the rest of my life. They are like plasticky pieces of styrofoam infused with chemical perfume. After I'd eaten one, the sickly-sweet plastic smell kept wafting out of the bag, until I had to get up and throw it away.

No comments: