Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Guess What Book This Is

"Where's this bally Rush got to?" said Edmund a good deal later.
"I certainly thought we'd have struck it by now," said Peter. "But there's nothing to do but keep on." They both knew that the Dwarf was looking anxiously at them, but he said nothing.
And still they trudged on and their mail shirts began to feel very hot and heavy.

This is a shoe-in to guess because lots of people are reading this particular book right now. But it's a terrific book and deserves to be read a lot. I have probably read it a dozen times already and I still really enjoy it each time. I'm reading it out loud to the baby.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Oh Oh! I know! Is it Prince Caspian? I never read the whole series. I think I read the first two, then just kept going back to The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe because I loved it so much.

How are you these days?

Erin said...

YES! You are right. It is such a good series - I've read them all about a billion times and they are like old friends to me now. I almost named my kid Jill for the girl in The Magician's Nephew, who is one of my favorite characters.